Raz-Lee Security drew quite a crowd around its new security enhancements at COMMON 2010, in Orlando, Florida. This year’s COMMON was attended by over 1200 people, the vast majority being Power i decision-makers focused on implementing the latest and most efficient new Power i technologies, in particular for security and compliance.
Numerous visitors flocked to Raz-Lee’s booth to learn about its innovations, and group sessions were held in order to provide information to all interested parties. Attendees were well-aware of industry regulations and auditor’s requirements, and were eager to select the right products to ensure compliance with regulations, especially products which could provide “out-of-the-box” PCI, SOX, HIPAA, etc. compliance templates and “ready-to-run” reports.
The Press also took notice of Raz-Lee’s success at COMMON, as seen in the following links:
IT Jungle: Raz-Lee Gets the Twitter Bug
System i Network: At COMMON 2010, Raz-Lee Security Says IBM i Getting Younger
System i Network: In Honor of COMMON’s 50th, Raz-Lee Offers Advanced File Editor with Full Unicode—Free to IBM i Community
MCPressonline: Raz-Lee Freely Celebrates COMMON 50
IBMSystemsMagazine: Raz-Lee Security Releases i Twitter Solution, Other Enhancements
Among the products which were of particular interest to visitors and the Press were:
• Native Object Security – enables system administrators to easily define target security levels per object and object type, and to check for inconsistencies between actual and planned object security settings. The product also enables using generic object names, and includes full reporting features. Also, a new artificial intelligence-based wizard builds an optimal set of security rules for a group of objects, based on analysis of the current security settings of the objects in a directory.
• User Profile & System Value Replication – synchronizes user profile definitions, user passwords and system values between different systems and LPARs, allowing for exceptions as needed in Production, Test or Development systems. Synchronization is accomplished with minimum overhead to both the actual systems and the personnel mandated with managing user profile information. The product also replicates system value definitions between systems, using “optimal” system values defined in Compliance Evaluator and “baseline” site-defined values.
• Compliance Evaluator – enables managers a quick, comprehensive view of the compliance scores for all systems in the enterprise and provides detailed compliance-related reports with various levels of detail.
• Syslog/SNMP/Twitter Support – sends security alerts instantaneously to relevant SIEM systems or users through www.twitter.com. These message alerts include detailed event information and alerts on application data changes, deletes or reads, emergency changes in user authorities, IFS viruses detected, malicious access to the Power i , and much more.
• FileScope – FREE SOX and PCI compliant file editor with full Unicode (UTF-16, UCS-2) support and full activity tracing via Syslog, SNMP, Twitter, MSGQ, SMS and e-mail.
“We were flattered by the outstanding level of interest and attention our products generated at COMMON this year,” said Shmuel Zailer, CEO, Raz-Lee Security. “Customers know they can turn to Raz-Lee to achieve the level of compliance they need, as well as to continuously monitor all Power i infrastructure and application security events in their enterprise.”
Written by Shari Masafy
Email Shari at email@example.com