The recession has been here for quite a while, and each company must rethink and adjust their strategy and expenditures to suit the unstable economy. In most cases, this means companies will only invest in what they consider essential.
Is information security essential? I think so. Here is why information security becomes even more vital in a time of recession:
- Time of increased security risks – In a recession, more people are hard-pressed for money and have large debts; more people are unemployed, bored and angry. And don’t forget all those employees you fired last week, who could well be looking for revenge… all these people are potential hackers and embezzlers.
- NOT a time to expand your losses – In a recession, all companies suffer financially. However, no one can afford to expand losses by losing huge sums to hackers.
- Time to automate your tasks – In a Down Market, you have to make do with fewer employees. This means you have to be more efficient. Sophisticated security tools, such as iSecurity, can save you lots of time, with wizards, report generators, real-time alerts, and more.
- Time to prepare for the upturn – Now, when sales are low, concentrate on preparing your infrastructure for the day after the recession, when you will have to focus on expanding sales and marketing.
- Time for Musts only – Security is a Must. It is not a nice-to-have new project. It is safeguarding what you already have and treasure most – your business-critical information.
Click here for information on the need for information security.
Click here for information on iSecurity, Raz-Lee’s sophisticated system i security tools
Written by Shari Masafy, Marketing Communications Manager, Raz-Lee Security
Email Shari Masafy at email@example.com