iSecurity Compliance with
the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act enacted by the U.S. Congress in 1996, is a group of regulations that work to combat waste, fraud, and abuse in health care delivery and health insurance. Title II of HIPAA, known as the Administrative Simplification (AS) provisions, addresses the security and privacy of health data.
iSecurity enables compliance with all the HIPAA articles which are relevant to System i Security - in HIPAA section 164.312.
Click to view a presentation specifying iSecurity's support for HIPAA.
Listed below are the iSecurity products which enable companies to be HIPAA Compliant:
Click for more information on HIPAA
- Firewall - Prevents criminals from accessing and
stealing sensitive data. Covers all 53 System communications protocols.
Logs all access attempts and reports breaches.
- Audit - Monitors and reports on all activity in the
System I, performs as real-time auditing and detailed server audit
- Compliance Evaluator - Provides at-a-glance
compliance checks assessing security status, strengths and weaknesses,
based on industry and corporate policies.
- Authority on Demand - Control of user authorities,
and dynamic granting of additional authorities on an as-needed basis,
accompanied by more scrutinized monitoring.
- AP-Journal (including READ logs) - Monitoring of all
changes in business-critical data & alerting of relevant personnel
upon significant changes.
- Password - Full password management capabilities,
including enforcement of site-defined password policies. Provides
detailed daily reports of unsecured passwords.
- Anti-Virus - Protection from Windows-compatible
viruses and programs used or stored on System i server. Performs
automatic pre-scheduled periodic scans.
- Central Admin - Manages multiple systems from a single control point
- Action - Includes real-time alarms and protective response mechanisms
- Capture - Performs silent capturing, saving and playback of user sessions
- Screen - Automatic protection for unattended workstations.