IBM i Native SQL Access to Oracle, MS SQL and MySQL Without Middleware or APIs
Open this press release as a PDF
IBM i Native, Agent-less, SQL Access to Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL and other DBs
Raz-Lee Security's DB-Gate Also Enables SQL Queries to Excel, CSV and Other Data Sources without Middleware
(March 29, 2012) - Raz-Lee Security announced today the release of a unique database access product, DB-Gate, which enables IBM i (AS/400) users to connect to virtually any type of remote database or data source without any middleware (software or hardware). This patent-pending technology utilizes standard SQL statements and works from all native SQL commands and programming languages.
Raz-Lee Security is now offering a time-limited trial of DB-Gate. The company will host a live, over-the-web webinar to demo the product at 10AM EST on Thursday April 5th and Wednesdays April 11th and 18th.
email@example.com to reserve a spot at any of the webinars.
DB-Gate's major features include:
- Works from STRSQL, STRQM, RUNSQLSTM
- Works from RPG, Cobol, C and any other language which compiles with CRTSQL...
- Uses standard SQL statements
- Simple installation only on the IBM i
- Utilizes standard RDBDIRE (relational DB directory entry) to identify each database or data source
- Supports SSL to secure data transfer
- Provides prompting for remote table column names support from within STRSQL
- Integrates with IBM Server Authentication System, eliminating the need to enter user/password on CONNECT statements.
DB-Gate technology enables the IBM i to initiate bi-directional SQL access to external data sources, whereas standard ODBC only allows access from external systems into the IBM i.
DB-Gate benefits customers by:
- Using existing knowledge and programmers to facilitate distributed access
- Reducing time and resources needed to access foreign databases
- Eliminating data redundancy of organizational data
- Providing flexibility in choosing appropriate data storage locations.
When used to access DB2 databases on other IBM platforms, DB-Gate eliminates the need to compile programs specifically for each destination in order to create the appropriate *SQLPKG package.
Shmuel Zailer, CEO and CTO at Raz-Lee Security stated: "DB-Gate is probably the most important IBM i announcement in a long time. It positions the i on a level equal to all other operating systems as the hub for application-related data requests, ensuring the continued and increasing use of the i in the coming years. It opens foreign databases and data sources to full access from the i, which, in the current world of heterogeneous data access and cloud access, is of ever-increasing importance."
"This product demonstrates Raz-Lee's technological superiority in delivering IBM i solutions, this time in the area of database management, in addition to its known capabilities in providing advanced security, auditing and compliance solutions."
About Raz-Lee Security Inc. and iSecurity
Raz-Lee Security is a leading international provider of security, auditing and compliance (SOX, PCI, HIPAA, etc.) solutions for the IBM i. Raz-Lee's customers include companies of all sizes, from SMBs to enterprises with hundreds of systems, in all vertical markets and industries. Financial institutions such as banks and insurance companies are especially well represented amongst Raz-Lee's clientele.
For further information please contact:
Vice President, Business Development
Raz-Lee Security Inc.
Tel. (US): 1-888-729-5334
Click here to contact me
Or visit us at www.razlee.com