Performance Enhancement Utility
CPUScope is a performance enhancement utility that allows the user to achieve Turbo Performance from the iSeries system. CPUScope greatly enhances the system's performance by monitoring CPU and I/O activity and automatically adjusting process parameters and/or sending messages.
When the system exceeds acceptable performance levels, CPUScope searches for jobs that are causing performance degradation, based on user specified parameters. Jobs that exceed these parameters can have their processing priority lowered, time slice changed, or be terminated.
CPUScope is so flexible that it can change its monitoring activities based on time of day, day of week or day of month. When the system is not busy, jobs are given more leeway to execute, and during heavy workload periods, jobs are forced to perform more efficiently.
Benefits of working with CPUScope:
- Easier and automatic methods for allocating CPU and I/O resources
- Automatic & flexible monitoring and control of the Power i
- Improved Power i performance
- Allows the system operator to easily intervene in delaying, deleting or initiating jobs
- Total management of offending jobs
- Self-explanatory reports about monitoring activities