iSecurity Anti-Virus Features
- Provides full protection against standard PC types of viruses for files and programs used or stored on the iSeries server
- Scans e-mail attachments when the iSeries is used as a mail server
- Scans for potentially malicious iSeries code
- Real-time virus alerts sent as e-mail, message queues, Syslog and more
- Real-time anti-virus monitoring of files while they are being written to memory on the server
- Tags infected files in order to prevent them from being used inadvertently
- Marks clean files in order to prevent re-checks
- Removes marks/tags if files are changed
- Scans entire libraries
- Supports automatic, pre-scheduled periodic scans
- Automatic virus signature update via the internet
- Proactive virus signature updates via the network for internet isolated servers
- Supports PASE which is more than twice as fast when scanning
- Check specific directories only
Ensuring PCI, SOX and HIPAA Compliance
Lack of compliance can trigger legal penalties and fines.
For more information, see the following documents:
Viruses, the Operating System and the Integrated File System
Standard PC anti-virus software only searches PC-bases files, which is just a partial solution in environments where the iSeries stores PC files. These files can then be accessed by any user connected to an iSeries who may then become infected by one of these virus-infected files. Therefore, additional server security is critical for providing a complete anti-virus solution for your iSeries.
IBM OS/400 Software Technical Document
PCI: Maintaining Vulnerability Management
"Use and deploy Anti-Virus software on all systems that can be affected by malware and ensure that the Anti-Virus mechanism is current, running and can generate audit logs."
PCI Quick Reference Guide, Requirement 5
HIPAA Technical Safeguards Requirement
"Integrity Controls – Implement security measures to ensure that electronically transmitted electronic protected health information is not improperly modified without detection until disposed of."
HIPAA Security Series, Section 5
SOX Requirement DS5
"Ensure system security with malicious software protection, detection and correction."
ClamAV Open Source Anti-Virus Engine
iSecurity Anti-Virus incorporates the latest version of ClamAV's open source anti-virus engine to provide full protection to your IBM iSeries server.
The major benefits of the latest release of ClamAV are:
- Performance improvements
- Support for new archive file types
- Support for encryption signatures based on SHA1 and SHA256
Click here for more information about ClamAV.
Learn about related iSecurity products:
Authority on Demand