IBM i Server Application Security & Business Analysis Solution
iSecurity AP-Journal protects business-critical information from insider threats and from external security breaches, notifies managers of any changes to information assets and streamlines IBM i journaling procedures. iSecurity AP-Journal logs the who, what, when and which of activities. It logs database access (READ operations) directly into the journal receivers, which is not provided by IBM i journaling and is an important component of compliance.
- Sends “mass mode” real-time Syslog alerts regarding application field-level data changes to SIEM products; this support sends only Syslog messages without any additional processing and has been measured to transfer up to 2000 transactions per second to SIEM products while using less than 1% CPU
- Monitors changes to objects, application files and members
- Supports periodic file structure changes to application files, enables monitoring application files across changes to file structures
- Developers can code field-specific exit routines for determining, in real time, whether or not to filter specific journal records.
- Real-time alerts indicating changes in business-critical data; these application alerts are activated by user-defined thresholds. Alerts can be sent as an operator message, SYSLOG, e-mail, SMS (text to mobile), Twitter, SNMP and more.
- Comprehensive reports displaying all application changes on a single timeline in various formats (online, print, PDF, email, etc.)
- Reports can integrate information from all the organization’s applications
- Efficient long-term storage based on special journal containers rather than IBM i journal receivers; reports can be based on these journal containers or on receivers
- Alerts and reports enable users to meet regulatory requirements such as GDPR, SOX, HIPAA, and PCI.
- Flexible filtering capabilities for selection of detail level and categories
- Easy to use, requires minimal setup and disk space
- Complements high availability IBM i products by ensuring full journal receiver synchronization