How iSecurity Anti-Ransomware Protects Systems
Ransomware is a cyber-attack that blocks access to a computer system or files until a determined amount of money is paid for a decryption key. Ransomware attacks any file it can access including connected devices, mapped network drivers, shared local networks, and cloud storage services that are mapped to the infected computer.
Ransomware doesn’t discriminate. It encrypts every data file that it has access to, including IFS files.
Advanced Ransomware Threat Protection for IFS
iSecurity Anti-Ransomware quickly detects high volume cyber threats deployed from an external source, isolates the threat, and prevents it from damaging valuable data.
- iSecurity Anti-Ransomware software is the first component of iSecurity ATP
- A comprehensive advanced threat protection solution for defending IBM i IFS files against ransomware and other kinds of malware
- It prevents ransomware from damaging valuable data while preserving performance.
Ransomware database is updated constantly so you are automatically protected against even the newest versions of this malware just keeping the definition updated.
How Does it Work?
As malicious activity is diagnosed, Anti-Ransomware stops the attack, disconnects the intruder, and raises an alert.
- Identifies, stops, delays, and reports attacks in real-time
- Suspends the attack and alerts the offending computer in real-time
- Disconnects the intruder and sends email, messages and Syslog messages to up to 3 SIEMS in CEF/LEEF formats
- Gets ransomware definition updates every two hours
Results speak for themselves
iSecurity Anti Ransomware was tested in a completely isolated lab which included:
- IBM i
- Windows based PC with mapped IBM i folder
- Set of 10+ real ransomwares (not emulators)
- PC data files are encrypted (as expected)
- When IFS file was attacked, the Anti-Ransomware stopped the attack before even the first file was compromised
- Alert was raised
- IBM i was disconnected from the attacking PC
- IBM i survived the attack!
- Automatic, regularly updated database
- Command-line scanner
- Database updater with support for digital signatures
- Cannot be disabled by viruses
- Built-in support for zip, gzip, jar, and tar files
- User-friendly, multilingual interface (green screen and GUI)
- Supports V5R3 Scanning Enablement
- Integration with OS/400 Scheduler
- History Log for review and analysis