How Can Viruses Affect IFS Systems?
Technological advances opened up the IBM i to the rest of the world, but in the process, brought with them many of the security risks inherent in distributed environments, leading to a shocking discovery.
Although the IBM i (AS/400) doesn’t run .exe files, it can house infected files – where they can wait, silently and deadly, until someone on the network transfers and opens that file on their PC.
Your Cyber-Security is our Biggest Concern
Our Mission at Raz-Lee is to prevent your IBM i from becoming an infection source.
- iSecurity Antivirus software cannot be disabled by any known virus
- iSecurity Antivirus runs Locally at the IBM i or it can be executed on ICAP Client Mode
- ICAP Client release the processing load to specific and trusted servers and gives to you the power to choose the Antivirus Database Provider
Virus database is updated constantly so you are automatically protected against even the newest versions of this malware just keeping the definition updated.
How Does it Work?
iSecurity Antivirus brings total protection for the IBM i against viruses, Trojan horses, and malicious code.
iSecurity Antivirus scans all accessed files, offers comprehensive virus detection by marking, quarantining, and deleting infected files, and prevents your IBM i from becoming an infection source.
Raz-Lee Security has enhanced iSecurity Antivirus with the addition of the ICAP Client. Virus scans tend to be CPU-intensive because they scan millions of possible virus signatures. Using ICAP ensures that your IBM i is always protected without a performance drop. Scan time is faster – by twenty times in some tests. The portion of the IBM i CPU that would have been used for virus scanning becomes available for other purposes.
Using ICAP reduces the load that virus scanning can demand from IBM i servers by distributing the CPU-intensive part of virus scanning onto separate external ICAP servers.
As malicious activity is diagnosed, Antivirus stops the attack, isolates the file and raises an alert.
- Automatic, regularly updated database
- Command-line scanner
- Database updater with support for digital signatures
- Can not be disabled by viruses
- Built-in support for zip, gzip, jar, and tar files
- User-friendly, multilingual interface (green screen and GUI)
- Supports V5R3 Scanning Enablement
- Integration with OS/400 Scheduler
- History Log for review and analysis
ICAP Client Key Features
- ICAP server can support multiple systems and system types, providing standardized virus scanning
- Flexibility in selecting an Antivirus provider (Symantec, McAfee, Kaspersky, Sophos etc.)
- Frees up IBM i CPU resources
- Faster response times
- Solution to regulatory restrictions that prevent some organizations from directly connecting to the internet