Database Monitoring and Reporting
Due to have information from Multiple Sources, usually most systems bring the latest results, but most of the time we need to know all the changes done to the data before making a good Business decision.
Controlling all updates to databases controls the activities of applications. Controlling read access to sensitive files is even better. We have clear information and monitoring in real time or on demand, so we can trace every action taken on the database.
iSecurity AP-Journal Business Intelligence Traceability
With its unique technology, iSecurity AP-Journal logs database access (READ operations) directly into the journal receivers.
This functionality, which OS/400 journaling does not provide, constitutes an important component of compliance.
- By providing a timeline report of all changes relating to application data, iSecurity AP-Journal reduces unauthorized activity and enables users to meet regulatory requirements.
- iSecurity AP-Journal also issues real-time alerts to inform managers of any changes in application databases or unapproved access to critical data.
- iSecurity AP-Journal report data can include key fields, description fields and modified fields (highlighted).
Protects Business-critical information, notifies managers of any changes to information assets and streamlines IBM i journaling procedures.
How Does it Work?
Advantages of using AP-Journal
- Users can integrate information from various files and view all changes relating to a specified business item. In addition, iSecurity AP-Journal helps enforce business rules by triggering external functions.
- iSecurity AP-Journal logs the who, what, when and which of activities. It logs database access (READ operations) directly into the journal receivers, which is not provided by IBM i journaling and is an important component of compliance.
When Could This Be Useful?
When u need to answer complicated questions like:
- Who worked on the SALARY file during non-standard business hours, and accessed employees whose salaries exceed $5,000 monthly?
- Provide John with a timeline report of all changes made to his MORTGAGE (covering the dozens of files in the MORTGAGE application), during the past 25 years.
- Send an SMS message and e-mail to the company’s Chief Security Officer when the PRICE_OF_ITEM changes by more than 4%.
- What changes to the hospital’s PATIENTS file were made via utility application DFU?
And so on…
- Long-term storage of sensitive information, independent of journal receiver lifecycle
- Advanced filtering enables saving only important information, to suit storage limits
- READ operations selectively added to Journal, for compliance with PCI requirements
- Real-time alerts on changes in business-critical data & access, sent as operator messages, e-mail, SMS and SYSLOG and CL Scripts execution
- Timeline and cross-application reports based upon user-defined business items
- Report data can include key fields, description fields and modified fields (highlighted)
- Output as Online, Print, HTML, PDF, Outfile & Email
- Filter according to “before” or “after” values of each database field. Boolean And/Or, EQ, GT, LE… N/LIKE, N/LIST… conditions refer to percentage or absolute value changes
- Runs on a High Availability system, reducing performance impact on Production Systems
- Real-time or scheduled operation mode
- Addresses PCI, SOX, HIPAA, etc. requirements