Auditing, Monitoring and Reporting
Management must ensure that security polices and procedures are properly implemented and enforced. In addition, managers must be able to evaluate and test them on a continuing basis.
Regulations concerning business transparency have placed security auditing as a key component of any organizational IT security program. Simply creating a security policy and purchasing security software tools is not enough.
IT Audit at IBM i
Auditing determines whether IT controls protect corporate assets, ensure data integrity and are aligned with the business’s overall goals. It is the best way to ensure IT systems are reliable, secure and not vulnerable to computer attacks. It also reduces risks of data tampering, data loss or leakage, service disruption, and poor management of IT systems.
iSecurity Audit solves that problem and more. As a Cutting-edge security auditing application, it examines events in real time, and triggers alerts and other responsive actions to potential threats. New GUI features providing user-friendly interface for working with the large, often confusing number of system values and parameters.
iSecurity Audit enhances native IBM i auditing by monitoring and reporting on all activities in the IBM i environment. It employs real-time detection to identify security events as they occur and record details in a log file.
iSecurity Audit is available in the native “green-screen” interface and GUI version.
How Does It Work?"
Advantages of using Audit
Cutting-edge security auditing application that examines events in real time, and triggers alerts and other responsive actions to potential threats.
- Specially designed for non-technical users
- Enables SOX, HIPAA, and California Privacy Act compliance
- Simple, intuitive audit parameter deﬁnition process
- Full text explanations of audit types, ﬁelds, values, etc
- Powerful query and report generator
- Integrates with iSecurity’s Visualizer for BI
iSecurity Audit's enhanced reporting possibilities
Audit offers the most powerful and ﬂexible reporting features available today. It includes more than eighty ready-to-run queries and reports.
- Query Wizard allows users to quickly and easily create audit reports without programming.
- Queries employ robust selection criteria such as AND/OR, equal/not equal, greater/less than, like/not like, included in list, etc.
- Only the information that you really need is included.
- Report formats are fully customizable
- Monitors user activities and object access in real-time
- Triggers alert messages and corrective actions (iSecurity Action)
- Query Wizard creates queries quickly and easily without programming
- Time groups apply rules and ﬁlters at predeﬁned times
- Integrates with BI (iSecurity Visualizer)
- Backward Glance feature quickly looks at what happened in the last few minutes
- View multiple audit types with one query
- Sort query data in any order
- Design custom output for query data
- Report Scheduler
- Audit Scheduler