Logging of Object Changes
Changes in software libraries can adversely affect company business. With the increasing awareness and adherence to industry-wide regulations such as SOX, HIPAA, and PCI, auditing and traceability – especially within production libraries – have become issues of major importance.
The procedures needed to trace program objects and file changes require a Change Management System (CMS) which is often expensive and complex to implement.
iSecurity Change Tracker is the Solution
Based on the QAUDJRN system journal, iSecurity Change Tracker provides a robust and comprehensive solution that cannot be bypassed.
Working in real-time, it can automatically record every revision and collect all information relevant to the modifications made, including object attributes, source code, and changes to file structures.
- Ensures the auditability and validity of changes within production libraries which cannot be circumvented as may occur when using a CMS
- Very rapid implementation enables organizations to install, configure, implement and quickly benefit.
- Full tracking of all change details, including creation, deletion and modifications ensures total accountability and transparency.
- Instant status report generation adds to auditor’s productivity and throughput.
CMS is often not feasible for small and mid-sized enterprises. Large organizations often use a CMS only to record activities and verify their execution in accordance with corporate policies.
How Does it Work?
Advantages of using Change Tracker
iSecurity Change Tracker is dedicated to automatically monitoring and logging object changes made to production libraries at both the source and object levels.
Since Change Tracker relies solely on the actual updates within a library, no manual intervention is required.
Benefits of using Change Tracker are many, but the best is that your company will immediately see a noticeable difference in auditor’s productivity.
iSecurity Change Tracker VS CMS
- Log entries can be classified in accordance with the company’s pre-defined applications, projects and tasks
- Auditors have access to all the data they require, such as who made changes, why, when and from which IP address
- If source files are available, Change Tracker saves and displays source file changes
- Source file changes that are restored retain important information such as the date of last change
- Built-in Report generator and Scheduler includes a set of queries tailored to specific auditing needs
- Reports can be printed or saved as an HTML, PDF or Excel file which can be e-mailed