End-to-End Network Access Protection
Until just a few years ago, the iSeries was used almost exclusively in a closed environment, and the OS/400 operating system provided the strongest data and system security in the world. Technological advances opened up the IBM i to the rest of the world. But, in the process, brought with it many of the security risks inherent in distributed environments, leading to a shocking discovery.
Security was Enabled, but wasn’t guaranteed in any form, so it’s a need to have a Firewall Solution.
iSecurity Firewall as a Complete Solution
Our Firewall solution protects and secures all types of access to and from the iSeries, within or outside the organization, under all types of communication protocols.
- iSecurity Firewall is a comprehensive, all-inclusive intrusion prevention system that secures every type of internal and external access to the IBM i server. It enables you to easily detect remote network accesses and, most importantly, implement real-time alerts.
- This robust, cost-effective security solution is by far the most intuitive and easy-to-use security software product on the market today.
Firewall features a user-friendly, Java-based GUI in addition to the traditional green-screen interface.
How Does it Work?
Rule Wizard will help you
iSecurity Firewall’s Rule Wizard greatly simplifies the security definition process, extracting and summarizing data (IFS and native objects, IPs, users, etc.) from the history logs and then displaying the actual transaction statistics alongside current rules. The user may then choose to modify rules based on the data or create new rules – all from one convenient screen.
iSecurity Firewall works together with Action to automatically trigger alert messages and immediate corrective actions when an intrusion or other security breach is detected.
History Logs and Reports
- Total user control over which transactions are logged and displayed
- Many pre-defined queries and reports
- Powerful report generator
- Wizard to generate accurate reports from Firewall log
- Redirecting output to an output file for further processing
- Print all Firewall definitions for review and documentation
- Flexible report scheduler enables reports processing at off peak
- Modify rules directly from Firewall log
- Protects all iSeries exit points and servers
- Protects all communication protocols (TCP/IP, FTP, Telnet, WSG, Passthrough, etc.)
- GUI makes Firewall incredibly easy to understand and learn, even for non-technical system administrators
- Total control of what users may do after access is granted– unlike standard firewall products
- “Best-Fit” algorithm minimizes throughput delays by rapidly and efficiently applying security rules
- Rule Wizards dramatically simplify security rule definition
- State-of-the-art intrusion detection guards against hacker attacks
- Standard firewall protection provides IP address and SNA name filtering
- Subnet mask filtering for all IP addresses – one rule can protect an entire workgroup or LAN
- Protects both native and IFS objects – all of your databases are secured
- Remote logon security limits IP address to specific users at specific times
- Automatic sign on with alternate user profile (usually with restricted authorities) enhances security when authorized users connect from remote locations
- Powerful report generator and scheduler