Effortless, Self-Service Password Reset
One of the biggest time- and money!- wasters for any organization is resetting user’s passwords. Numerous surveys suggest that the time lost for this activity is up to 40 minutes for each password, and that as many as 50% of help desk calls are for password resets.
Organizations addressing the sensitive issue of how to best manage IBM i user passwords can now empower their users to reset their own passwords with minimal effort or exposure.
iSecurity Password Reset makes it Safe and Simple
With all the personal information available in Facebook. LinkedIn, and unofficial web resources, private questions are not as safe as they once were.
- iSecurity Password Reset, part of the iSecurity suite, is a unique product, designed on the principle that restoring sensitive information such as passwords without disclosure of verification questions entered by the user is more secure than any other solution against hackers.
- Secured by three levels of authentication — personal identification, verification by intermediate one-time code, and only then personal questions
- The outcome is a Time-based One-time Password (TOTP), providing users with a limited time window to set their own passwords
iSecurity Password Reset features a user-friendly, Web-based GUI in addition to the traditional green-screen interface.
How Does It Work?
Following the standard in password handling
- Can either Enable a user, Display a new password or Send a new password
- Full Web-based and 5250 solutions, each including
- Self registration (with auto demand)
- Self entering personal question
- Regular password change
- Multiple languages
- To prevent personal questions the procedure can be:
- Initial identification
- Verification pin code sent by Email/SMS (or half and half)
Self-Service password reset and user enablement
After a user creates a password profile for self-authentication, which can be edited at any time, the user can reset the password alone or request assistance from the help desk.
iSecurity Password Reset provides a complete solution secured by three levels of authentication
- Personal identification
- Verification by intermediate one-time code (Multi Factor Authentication)
- Personal questions
- Self-guided or assisted authentication process
- User self-enrolment by web or green interface
- Web-based password change comes as part of the product
- Multiple languages with auto-selection for each requesting user
- Different verification policies for different groups of users such as agents and managers
- Reduces password reset requests to the helpdesk by more than 90%, even in times of emergency